Wylie East Athletic Booster Club Scholarship Information for 2021-2022
The Wylie East Athletic Booster Club will award up to $15,000.00 in scholarships to graduating
Wylie East High School senior athletes. The recipients may or may not be their team’s best
athlete, but have shown exceptional enthusiasm, participation, effort, spirit, and dedication to
warrant this special recognition. The scholarships will be awarded for the pursuit of any type of
higher education and is in recognition of athletic participation, team contribution, and
commitment to Wylie East Athletics.
Qualification criteria for the Wylie East Athletic Booster Club Scholarship are:
1. An applicant’s parent/guardian(s) must be an active member of the Wylie East Athletic
Booster Club for a minimum of two full years and accumulated the minimum number of
2. The applicant must be an athlete that completed the season in good standing. The
coach of his/her sport must sign the Coach’s Recommendation form that he/she
completed the season in good standing.
3. The applicant must have a minimum overall 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) as
of the end of the 3 rd nine-week grading period of his/her Senior year.
4. The applicant must be able to take full advantage of the scholarship within one year of
award presentation. An exception will be made for religious, medical, or college-
approved gap reasons.
** Applications are due April 1, 2022, to the WEHS Counselors’ Office **
The applicant must submit the following documents which will be the basis for selection:
1. Completed scholarship application form.
2. Completed Coach’s Recommendation Form returned in a sealed envelope.
3. Two letters of recommendation. Letters cannot be from a family member or the coach
who completed the Coach’s Recommendation Form.
4. Applicant’s essay – “What lesson (or lessons) have you learned from playing sports at
Wylie East?” This must be typed and provided with the application. The essay shall not
be longer than 2 pages.
5. Official Transcript – (see your counselor) dated after 3 rd nine-week grading period.
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria on and off the field:
1. Athletic participation – performing to the best of their athletic ability.
2. Leadership – providing a positive example for others, being a good role model, and
exhibiting good sportsmanship.
3. Contribution to Team – being a team player, helping others to improve.
4. Commitment to Excellence – putting in extra work, being dedicated, and striving to be
All COMPLETE application packages received by the application deadline will be reviewed by
the scholarship committee. The committee will determine a pool of finalists, and those
finalists will be interviewed by the committee. Scholarship awards will be announced during
the Senior Awards Ceremony in May 2022.